Gin, Tonic & Lemon Thyme Cheesecakes
Makes 4 Mini Cheesecakes
- 250g gluten free hobnobs
- 80g butter, melted
- 2 x 280g cream cheese
- 500g mascarpone
- 80g caster sugar
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1/2 orange, zest
Gin & Tonic Topping
- 6 gelatine leaves
- 2 wide strips of zest and juice from 2 lemons
- 2 wide strips of zest and juice from 1 orange
- juice of 1 lime
- 100g caster sugar
- 6 juniper berries, bruised
- 4tbsp gin
- 300ml tonic water
- few sprigs of lemon thyme, plus extra to decorate
- fresh raspberries splashed with gin, to serve
- Put the biscuits in a food processor and whizz to fine crumbs. Pour in the melted butter and whizz until mixed.
- Tip the buttery crumbs into the individual rounds, and smooth the base.
- Put in the fridge to firm up while you make the cheese topping.
- Put the cream cheese, mascarpone, 80g sugar, grated zests and lemon and lemon juice in a bowl and beat until smooth.
- Spoon on the top of the biscuit base and level.
- Cover with cling film and chill for approximately 2 hours, or until filling is firm.
For Gin & Tonic Layer
- Put the gelatine in a small bowl of cold water for 5-10mins to soften.
- Put the lemon, orange and lime juice into a saucepan with the wide strips of zest, sugar and juniper berries.
- Heat gently to dissolve the sugar and allow the flavours to diffuse. Strain and keep liquid warm. (Discard the zest and berries).
- Squeeze out the water from the gelatine then whisk slowly into the warm citrus syrup until thoroughly dissolved.
- Add gin & tonic and whisk then pour over the chilled cheesecake.
- Scatter over a few sprigs of lemon thyme, then leave to set in the fridge.
- Cover carefully with clingfilm for at least 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, mix the raspberries with a splash of gin and allow to infuse for 10 minutes.
- Scatter some fresh lemon thyme sprigs over the top of the cheesecake and serve with the gin spiked raspberries.
*This is my gluten free version of Delicious Magazines Gin & Tonic Cheesecake, it's very easy to make and tastes really yummy.