Strawberries & Cream Cupcake Jar
- 200g unsalted butter
- 200g gluten self raising flour
- 200g caster sugar
- 4 eggs (large and beaten)
- 1/4tsp xanthan gum
- 1tsp baking powder
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 500ml whipping cream
- 300g strawberries (stalks removed and sliced)
- 50g caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 180C, Gas Mark 4.
- Make sure the cupcakes you make will fit into the jars you intend to use.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add half of the egg, beat hard and then add remaining egg and beat well again. Sift in the flour, gum and baking powder and gently fold in. Add vanilla extract.
- Pour into cases and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Slice through the cupcakes to make thin slices of sponge. Then layer the jar.