Creme Egg Brownies
Makes 9 brownies
- 5 creme eggs
- 225g plain chocolate
- 140g butter, cut into pieces
- 4 large eggs
- 225g golden caster sugar
- 100g gluten free self raising flour
- 1tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 160C/180 Fan.
- Line a medium sized square tin with greaseproof paper.
- Break 175g of the chocolate into pieces and melt in the microwave for approx 30 seconds at a times, stirring at intervals.
- Chop the remaining chocolate into small chunks and the creme eggs into halves and set aside.
- Mix the eggs and sugar together in a large bowl using an electric handheld mixer. The consistency should be fluffy and almost double the volume.
- Pour in the melted chocolate and combine well. Then mix in the flour and cocoa powder.
- When everything is completely incorporated, stir in the chopped chocolate.
- Pour the mixture into the lined tin and evenly spread it around, ensuring that you get it into all the corners.
- Just before you put the mixture in the oven, add the creme eggs. Press them quite far into the mixture but make sure you can still see the top.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the top is crusty.