Recipe by Dan Doherty - MADE GLUTEN FREE
Makes 12 brownies
- 185g unsalted butter
- 185g dark chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 275g golden caster sugar
- 85g plain gluten free flour
- 40g cocoa powder
- 50g white chocolate chunks
- 50g milk chocolate chunks
- 4tbsp golden syrup
- 200g sugar
- 2tbsp water
- 2 1/2tsp bicarbonate of soda
Ice Cream (you will need an ice cream maker)
- 200ml whole milk
- 300ml double cream
- 1 (split) vanilla pod
- 6 egg yolks
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 80g peanut butter
- Heat the milk, cream and vanilla to just below baking point.
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar together in a bowl.
- Whisk hot milk mixture into eggs and mix together.
- Put the mixture back on the heat, stirring constantly until the mixture starts to thicken.
- When thickened, take off heat and stir in peanut butter, cool and then churn in an ice cream machine and freezer.
- Alternatively, use show bought vanilla and mix in peanut butter at point of serving.
- Heat the oven 180C (gas 4, 160C fan).
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in a bowl over a pan of simmering water (do not let the bowl touch the water).
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar until light and pale.
- Whisk the chocolate and butter into the egg mixture and then slowly fold in (using a spoon) the flour and cocoa.
- Once combined, add the chunks of white and milk chocolate and mix well.
- Pour into a lined tine and bake for approx. 20 minutes.
- Line a baking ray with greaseproof paper.
- Put the golden syrup, sugar and water into a deep pan.
- Heat gently until the sugar dissolves.
- Then boil until a golden caramel colour.
- Add the bicarbonate of soda carefully, as the caramel will rise dramatically.
- As soon as it rises, pour carefully onto a baking tray and cool.
- Break into pieces and serve.