Lemon, Honey & Ginger Breakfast Bars
Makes 10 bars
- 3tbsp honey (runny honey if possible)
- 1tbsp coconut oil
- 1tbsp tahini (I use cypressa)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 6-8 dates, pitted and chopped (I use medjool dates)
- 125g gluten free rolled porridge oats (love life/waitrose)
- 75g pumpkin seeds, chopped
- 1/2inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2tbsp chia seeds
- grated zest of lemon
- Line a small baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place the honey, coconut oil, tahini and lemon juice into a pan and put on a low heat to melt the coconut oil. Once melted mix and set aside to cool.
- Mix together the dates, oats, pumpkin seeds, ginger and chia seeds with your hands so as to spread the dates evenly throughout the other ingredients.
- Add the lemon zest.
- Pour the honey mixture over the oats mixture and stir to ensure all the ingredients blend together.
- Press into the lined baking tray and chill in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
* Options: You can increase the ginger if you want a bigger kick, or I sometimes reduce the dates and add dried chopped cranberries. And I sometimes like to drizzle a little melted chocolate across the top.