- 350g almond flour (ground almonds)
- 1/2tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4tsp baking powder
- 1/4tsp garlic powder
- 1/2tsp salt
- 3tbsp unsalted butter
- 1tbsp honey (runny)
- 50ml sour cream or buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 80g arrowroot starch
- 350g cheddar cheese, grated
Garlic Butter Topping:
- 2tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 garlic powder
- salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Line a baking tray with a piece of parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together the almond flour (ground almonds), bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, garlic powder and salt.
- In a saucepan, on a low heat, melt the butter and then add the honey and buttermilk/sour cream and stir until well combined.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the eggs.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and stir until almost combined. Then fold in the arrowroot starch.
- Fold in the cheddar cheese. The dough will be quite moist.
- Using a spoon, take 12 scoops out of the mixture and form them into balls (I used plain gluten free flour to stop them from being quite so sticky) then place them on the prepared baking tray.
- Bake for 15-20minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, mix together the melted butter, parsley, garlic powder and salt.
- Remove the breads from the oven and brush with the garlic butter mixture.
- Best served fresh from the oven.