Salted Caramel Cheesecake
Makes 1 Cheesecake
- 250g gluten free digestives
- 75g gluten free salted pretzels
- 135g unsalted butter, melted
- 450g full-fat cream cheese
- 1tsp vanilla bean extract
- 100g icing sugar
- 150g salted caramel sauce (I got mine from Tesco)
- 1tsp sea salt flakes
- 300ml double cream
toffee popcorn and pretzels, to decorate
- Line a medium sized cake tin with parchment paper.
- Mix the digestives, pretzels and melted butter together in the food processor. Pour into prepared cake tin. Press down firmly, then refrigerate whilst you make the filling.
- Using an electric mixer, mix together the cream cheese, vanilla extract, icing sugar and caramel, this should take about 2 minutes. Make sure it is nice and smooth.
- Pour in the double cream and salt flakes and continue to whisk for a couple of minutes until it begins to form a mousse. It must be able to hold itself (like a meringue does!) otherwise it won’t set. Pour the mixture over the biscuit base and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the cheesecake from the tin and decorate. I used a caramel sauce (which I put in the microwave for 20 seconds beforehand, to make it softer) as well as toffee popcorn and crushed pretzels.