Sweet Chilli Beetroot & Ricotta Tarts
Recipe by Dan Doherty - MADE GLUTEN FREE
- 1 packet jus rol gluten free puff pastry
- 4 sweet chilli beetroots, cut into 1/2cm pieces
- 3tbsp ricotta
- pinch chives, finely chopped
- pinch nigella seeds
- 50g grated parmesan
- 1 egg
- 20g melted butter
- sea salt
- black pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- To make the tart mix, in a bowl add the beetroot, ricotta, egg, chives, nigella seeds and half the parmesan and mix together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Using a medium sized circular cutter, cut the puff pastry. Brush with melted butter.
- Partially cook in the oven for 10 minutes, allowing the pastry to rise.
- Fill with beetroot mixture and bake for another 10-12 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parmesan. (I topped mine with a slice of orange instead).