Sweet Potato and Beetroot Rosti
- 1 small sweet potato
- 2 ready boiled beetroots
- 1 shallot
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 slices of smoked salmon
- 2 eggs
- chive, for garnish
- oil, for cooking
- Peel and grate the sweet potato and finely chop the shallot.
- Heat oil in a heavy based frying pan and gently fry the shallots to soften and then add the grated sweet potato. Allow to cook for about 5-10 minutes, until they have softened.
- Remove from the pan and allow to cool a little. While cooling, put water in a separate pan and boil.
- Add the grated beetroot and beaten egg to the sweet potato mixture and form into a small round. Flatten slightly.
- Cook gently in the frying pan, turning after about 4 minutes.
- At the same time poach the eggs in a pan of boiling water.
- To assemble, place the rosti on a plate, followed by the smoked salmon and then topped with the poached egg and chive to garnish.