Beet-a-ganouch, sweet chilli beetroot, sumac yoghurt, toasted pine nuts
Recipe by Dan Doherty
- 1 aubergine
- 1 packet of sweet chilli beetroots
- sprig of thyme, leaves only
- 1tsp of ground cumin, toasted
- 1tbsp tahini
- pinch sumac
- 1tbsp yoghurt
- lemon, juiced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- pinch parsley
- 10g pine nuts
- sea salt
- black pepper
- pinch coriander leaves
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
- On a gas hob, blacken the skins of the aubergine until burnt. It's best to skewer it so you can hold at a safe distance.
- When all blackened, place into a roasting tray and put in the oven for 10 minutes to soften.
- When ready, split open and scoop out the flesh, and roughly chop so it's broken down.
- In a food processor, add the beetroot, tahini, toasted cumin, thyme leaves, garlic and lemon juice and blitz until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Take out and into a bowl, add the aubergine and stir through.
- In a dry frying pan, taste the pine nuts until golden.
- Serve the beetroot and aubergine mix in a bowl, and add a good spoon of yoghurt on top.
- Sprinkle over the pine nuts, sumac and coriander leaves to finish.