Recipe by Dan Doherty - MADE GLUTEN FREE
Makes 15 truffles
- 90ml double cream
- 200g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 2tbsp chestnut purée
- 4tbsp cocoa nibs, finely chopped
- 2tbsp cocoa powder
- Heat the cream until it's just below simmering.
- Put the chocolate in a large bowl and pour over the cream and stir until all the chocolate has melted.
- Stir in the chestnut purée and allow mixture to cool, then chill until set (could take between 2 and 3 hours).
- Remove from the fridge and roll teaspoons of the truffle mixture into small balls.
- Roll half of them in the cocoa powder and the other half in the cocoa nibs.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Dust with icing sugar if required.
*Another favourite are chilli and chocolate truffles. I add 1tsp of chilli powder to the cream.