Chilli And Spice Whitebait
Recipe by Gordon Ramsay - MADE GLUTEN FREE
Makes 2 portions
- 600g whitebait
- 1tsp peppercorns (I used green, pink & szechuan)
- 1tsp coriander seeds
- 1tsp chilli flakes
- 4tbsp plain gluten free flour
- oil for frying
- lemon for serving
- Toast the peppercorns and coriander seeds in a pan, without oil, on the heat, to enhance the flavour. Then put in a pestle and mortar and grind. Add the flour.
- Wash the whitebait and dry.
- Season the fish with the flour and spice mixture.
- Heat oil in a shallow frying pan and shallow fry the fish for about 3-4 minutes, turning half way through. Drain excess oil using kitchen roll.
- Serve with lemon wedges.