1000 Followers Chocolate Cake!!!
Makes 1 Cake
- 225g plain gluten free flour
- 350g caster sugar
- 85g/3oz cocoa powder
- 1 1/2tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 eggs
- 250ml milk
- 125ml vegetable oil
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 250ml boiling water
- 200g dark chocolate
- 200ml double cream
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
- Grease two medium round tins.
- Place all of the cake ingredients, except the boiling water in a large mixing bowl. Mix until combined and smooth.
- Add the boiling water, a little at a time until smooth. (The mixture will be very moist)
- Divide the cake mix between the two tins and bake in the oven for 25-30minutes, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Once the cakes are cooked, leave to cool.
- For the ganache, heat the cream in a saucepan over a low heat (do not boil). Add in the chocolate, and stir until it melts. Mix together until smooth and glossy. Leave to cool for 1 hour.
- Once the ganache has thickened, you can decorate the cakes. Firstly, spread the icing over one cake, then place the other cake on top. Then ice the cake all over using a palette knife.