Vanilla Cake Pops
Makes 20 Cake Pops
- 200g caster sugar
- 200g softened butter
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 200g gluten free self-raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 2tsp milk
- 1tsp vanilla extract
White Chocolate Frosting
- 1 ½ bars white chocolate
- ½ tsp pink food colouring
- Preheat the oven to 190C/Gas Mark 5.
- Grease each of the cavities in your cake pop tray with butter.
- In a bowl mix together the caster sugar, butter, eggs, flour, baking powder, milk and vanilla extract until smooth and well incorporated.
- Pour mixture into each cavity of the tray (about ¾ full). Put lid on top.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until the mixture starts to ooze through the hole at the top of the tray.
- Leave to cool inside tray for approx. 10 minutes. Then slowly lift off lid and remove cakes. Leave to cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, melt the white chocolate in a bowl, over a saucepan of boiling water. Once melted, mix in the food colouring until it turns pink.
- Take each of the cakes and insert a skewer/stick. Then holding the stick, dip the cake into the white chocolate mixture and twizzle it around until it's completely covered. Then place upside down on a plate or tray. Repeat this process for each cake pop.
- Decorate with edible glitter and mini bows.