- 6 gluten free hobnobs
- 40g unsalted butter
- 2tbsp dulce de leche (I used Bonne Maman caramel spread)
- 2oz dark chocolate, melted
- 1 banana, chopped
- 3oz whipping cream
- Put the hobnobs into a plastic bag, eg. a sandwich bag or freezer bag then crush them using a rolling pin.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a low heat. Then fold in the crushed hobnobs until they have completely mixed together.
- Place the mixture into a small, loose bottomed dish (I used four). Press the mixture firmly to compact, ensuring it is even. Refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile, mix the dulce de leche and the melted chocolate together.
- Pour the mixture on top of the biscuit base, again ensuring it is evenly spread.
- Finely the chop the banana and place on top of the chocolate mixture.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream until light and fluffy.
- Spoon the whipped cream over the banana and smooth the surface.
- Refrigerate for about an hour, or until the chocolate mixture sets.
- Decorate with chocolate shavings. I used a cheese grater to create this effect.