Lobster Mac and Cheese
- 220g gluten free penne
- 450ml low fat milk
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- 85g plain gluten free flour
- 6oz grated gruyere cheese
- 4oz cheddar cheese
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 220g freshly cooked lobster meat, chopped into 1-inch pieces (I used Lobster tails from the Waitrose fish counter)
- 2 slices gluten free white bread, lightly toasted and pulsed in a food processor to form fine crumbs (can also toast and then crumble by hand)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Lightly grease a (roughly) 11 x 7 inch baking dish.
- Bring a medium pot of water to boil. Add in gluten free penne and cook until al dente (this should take about 4-5minutes). Drain.
- Place the lobster tails into a pan of boiling water and cook until the meat is white and opaque (approximately 10 minutes).
- Once the lobster is cooked, allow to cool. Remove shell and put aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the milk in a small saucepan over a medium-low heat. Once the milk is hot (but not boiling) turn off heat.
- Melt 3 tbsp butter in a large saucepan over a low heat. Whisk in the flour for 1 minute.
- While continuing to whisk, pour in the hot milk and whisk mixture until smooth and thick, this should take approximately 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the gruyere, cheddar, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the cooked gluten free penne and lobster meat and make sure they are well mixed. Pour the mixture in the greased baking dish.
- Pour over the breadcrumbs making sure they are evenly spread.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the breadcrumbs are golden brown.