Fig and Goats Cheese Tart
Makes 1 Tart
- 180g plain gluten free flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1/4tsp xanthan gum
- 1/4tsp baking powder
- 110g butter
- 3-4tbsp of ice cold water
- 200g goats cheese (spreadable) - can use cream cheese if you'd prefer
- handful of thyme
- 6tbsp of double cream
- 6 figs, ripe and cut into quarters
- black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas Mark 6.
- Combine the flour, salt, xanthan gum, baking powder and butter in a food processor until it looks like rough breadcrumbs.
- Add the cold water, one tbsp at a time and pulse in the food processor between each spoonful until a rough dough comes together. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface. Knead lightly, then wrap in clingfilm and chill for 15 minutes.
- Line a greased pastry tin with the pastry, prick the base, cover with greaseproof paper and baking beans and bake blind for 15 minutes. Take off greaseproof beans and cook for a further 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- For the filling, mix together the cheese, cream and thyme and add seasoning.
- Spread the mix over the pastry base.
- Arrange the fig quarters, covering the cheese mixture.
- Bake for 15-20minutes until the filling is bubbling. Allow to cool.
- Garnish with figs and fresh thyme sprigs.