Mini Crayfish Tartlets
- 225g gluten free plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1/2tsp salt
- 225ml warm water
- 55ml olive oil
- 2oz butter (frozen)
- melted butter, for brushing
- 1/4 white cabbage
- 1 red apple
- 1tbsp soured cream
- 1/2tsp lemon juice
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- crayfish, to decorate
- Place the flour and salt into a food processor. Add the water and oil and blend until the dough comes together in a ball - and also begins to leave the side of the bowl.
- Roll out the dough, between two pieces of heavily floured clingfilm. Grate 1tbsp of butter over the dough and fold in thirds. Roll out again.
- Grate another tablespoon of butter over the dough and fold into thirds again. Roll out until paper thin. Remember to flour frequently. Keep doing this process with the remaining butter. The pastry should be almost transparent. Cover the dough with a damp tea towel. to stop it from drying out.
- When ready, cut the dough into 4 thin sheets. Brush the sheets with melted butter.
- Cut each sheet into half, lengthways. Then cut each half into thirds, thus making six squares.
- The size of your target tin will determine what size you need to cut your squares.
- I use four squares per mini tart tin and brush each square with melted butter then press into the tart tin. Bake for 3-5 minutes until golden.
- Finely slice/shred the cabbage and apple, pour over the lemon juice and stir in the soured cream. Mix in the finely sliced onion. Spoon into the phyllo cases and pop a juicy crayfish on the top.