Simple Vanilla Cupcake
Makes 12 Cupcakes
- 120g plain gluten free flour
- 140g caster sugar
- 1 1/2tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 40g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 120ml whole milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 170C/325 Fan/Gas Mark 3.
- Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and butter in a bowl.
- Beat on a slow speed until everything is combined. Gradually pour in half the milk and mix until completely incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, vanilla extract and remaining milk and then pour into the flour mixture and mix until combined. Texture should be smooth. Do not overmix.
- Spoon the mixture into the cupcake cakes, ensuring that you only fill them 3/4 of the way.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until light golden or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Leave cupcakes to completely cool on a wire rack.
- You can decorate them however you wish. I made daffodils out of fondant icing for mine.