Makes 1 Pavlova
- 6 large egg whites
- 300g caster sugar
- 3tbsp cocoa powder, sieved
- 1tsp balsamic vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- 50g dark chocolate, grated or finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C/Gas Mark 4.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Beat the egg whites until it forms peaks and then beat in the sugar, a spoonful at a time until the meringue is stiff.
- Carefully sprinkle over the sieved cocoa powder. Fold together, along with the vinegar and chocolate. Make sure all the ingredients are fully combined. Be careful not to knock too much air out of the meringue.
- Spoon mixture onto parchment, you need to form a large circle (approx. 6inches across).
- Turn oven temp down to 150C/Gas Mark 2.
- Cook meringue for 1 - 1/4 hours.
- Decorate with lots of delicious fruit.