Apple And Blackberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
Makes 25 scoops
- 250g cream cheese
- 250ml double cream
- 150g icing sugar, sieved
- 125ml apple juice
- 60ml apple liquor or similar (I used Apple Pie Martini from Marks & Spencer)
- 2tbsp blackberry jam
- 1tbsp apple puree
- caster sugar, to decorate glass
- crunch apple slices (Tesco 30g bag)
- gluten free biscuits (Nairns Biscuit Breaks)
- Take a large glass and wet the rim with some apple juice. On a side plate sprinkle some caster sugar and dip the rim of the glass into it.
- Scoop the ice cream into the glass and sprinkle with the cooled biscuit crumbs.
- Whisk the double cream until thick, then add in the cream cheese and whisk until thoroughly incorporated.
- In a seperate bowl, mix together the apple juice and apple liquor.
- Place 2tbsp of the icing sugar in a small bowl and gradually add the apple juice mixture. One all incorporated add the remainder of the juice. Add this to the cream cheese and mix in thoroughly.
- Divide the mixture into two containers. Add the blackberry jam to the first container and the apple puree to the second. Stir both until fully mixed.
- Put in the freezer, preferably overnight.
Side Note: This ice cream doesn’t set completely hard and begins to soften quite quickly so only take out of the freezer the moment you need it.
- For the biscuit crumb, put the apple and biscuit in a bowl and crush with the end of a rolling pin. Sprinkle over ice cream to serve.