Strawberry Milkshake Cupcakes
Recipe inspired by The Hummingbird Bakery (Made Gluten Free)
Makes 18 cupcakes
- 70g unsalted butter, softened
- 210g gluten free plain flour
- 250g caster sugar
- 1tbsp baking powder
- 1/2tsp salt
- 210ml milk, full fat
- 2 eggs
- 40g strawberry milkshake powder (I use Nesquik)
- 500g icing sugar
- 160g unsalted, softened
- 50ml milk
- 100g strawberry milkshake powder
- pink food colouring
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- Line your baking tray with cupcake cases.
- Mix together the butter, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt until they form crumbs.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the milk, eggs and strawberry milkshake powder.
- Slowly mix half of the liquid into the crumb mixture and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Increase the speed of the mixer and beat until batter is smooth and thick.
- When there are no lumps, pour the rest of the liquid and continue mixing.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake cases. (I usually make them approx 2/3 full)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack before adding the frosting.
- Mix together the icing sugar and butter on a low speed until all the lumps have gone.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the milk and strawberry milkshake powder.
- Slowly pour the liquid into the frosting and continue mixing.
- Add a very small amount of pink food colouring (you don't want them to look too bright!)
- Mix on a high speed until light and fluffy.
- Carefully ice your cupcakes. VOILA.